For the past 3 months, I've been running water/methanol injection on my GTi. Lets start with the basics:
- More HP and Torque
- The car hauls from anywhere
- Cleans the cylinder walls
- Cools your intake pretty nicely.
- The methanol serves as an extremely high octane fuel, Its better than race gas because when you are idling or just cruising ur burning all that race gas. With w/m injection, you can turn it on only when your car is under load.
- Allows for more timing
- My homemade kit cost less than $200
- Very hard to find methanol (I buy tons of HEET(the yellow bottle) and distilled water. Recently, I've been buying Valuecraft -20 nd add a bottle of HEET to boost the Methanol ratio)
- I've got a relatively big nozzle so you go through the solution very quickly. The washer reservoir has a capacity of 1 gallon I think.
I put in about $145 into this (the pump, nozzle, etc). My uncle gave me a pressure switch (those shouldn't be too expensive). Those are the 3 big things. All the rest includes tubing, pump fittings, wiring, mini-clamps, relay; you can find these very inexpensively. Altogether, it was way less than the $470 Snow performance kits, or the $300 something devils own kit. I've got a vid below on what the whole mounted system looks like. Enjoy
According to G-Tec Pro: 258 HP at the crank (226 WHP) @ 40F ambient temperature.
I'll post up some data logs with the meth kit later on.